Go Set a Watchman is set during the mid-1950s and features many of the characters from To Kill a Mockingbird some twenty years later. Scout (Jean Louise Finch) has returned to Maycomb from New York to visit her father Atticus. She is forced to grapple with issues both personal and political as she tries to understand both her father’s attitude toward society, and her own feelings about the place where she was born and spent her childhood.
Harper Lee was born in 1926 in Monroeville, Alabama. She attended Huntingdon College and studied law at the University of Alabama. She is the author of To Kill a Mockingbird and has been awarded numerous literary awards including the Pulitzer Prize and the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
Pnguin Random House have launched dedicated channels so do join the conversation using the hashtags #GoSetaWatchman and #HarperLee :
- William Heinemann was the original publisher of To Kill a Mockingbird in the UK (1960) and will publish Go Set a Watchman in hardback and as an ebook on 14th July 2015, Harper an imprint of HarperCollins will publish Go Set a Watchman simultaneously in North America
- Sales of To Kill a Mockingbird are in excess of 40 million copies worldwide and it has been translated into more than 40 languages
- For further information please call Yvonne Thynne, Head of Publicity, Penguin Random House New Zealand, Ph. 09 442 7461, or email email@example.com
- Jpeg of cover image attached
- William Heinemann is an imprint of Cornerstone Publishing, part of The Random House Group Ltd, based in the UK. The Random House Group Ltd is a Penguin Random House Company.